Charcoal fumes suffocate couple to death in Kano


By Ismail Auwal

Police in Kano State have said that charcoal fumes have allegedly killed a husband and wife in Dawakin Tofa Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.

The spokesperson for the command, Abdullahi Haruna-Kiyawa, in a statement in Kano on Wednesday said  the couple were found dead in bed.

He identified tye couple as Sulaiman Idris, 28 and Maimuna Haliru, 20.

“We received a report on Jan. 3, at about 9:00 p.m. from Kwa Village in Dawakin Tofa LGA that a couple was discovered not to have come out of its matrimonial home since it was last seen on Jan. 2 at about 11:00 p.m.

“When the grandmother of Idris forced the door open, she discovered the couple motionless on the matrimonial bed, with smoke odour pervading the room.

“On receipt of the report, the Kano State Commissioner of Police, Mr Mamman Dauda, directed a team of detectives led by CSP Ahmed Hamza, DPO Dawakin Tofa Division to proceed to the scene,” Mr Haruna-Kiyawa said.

He noted that the bodies of the victims were removed from the scene and rushed to Murtala Muhammed Specialist Hospital, Kano where a medical doctor confirmed them dead.

Related articles

Recent articles