By Abba Gwale

One of the freed schoolboys of the Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State, has narrated his six-day ordeals in the hands of their abductors.

The student, who claimed to have featured in a video released by gunmen on Thursday, said he was “forced” by the kidnappers to speak in the video.

“I don’t know who they are, but they instructed that I should say they are Boko Haram faction of Abubakar Shekau,” the student said at the Katsina State Government House, on Friday.

The schoolboy, however, clarified that, from “what I experienced, they are not Boko Haram”.

‌“Sincerely speaking, the gang was very scared of what was happening when jets started hovering. They assigned me to speak directly from the video to tell the government to stop sending the army and jets, if not they would kill us,” he added.

He further said, “We suffered a lot physically. They beat us morning and night. They only gave us food once in a day, and water twice in a day. And some of those who beat us are just small boys with guns.”

Katsina State governor, Aminu Bello Masari said the schoolboys would receive proper medical attention before they are reunited with their families.

President Muhammad Buhari also met with the rescued students at his home town, Daura in Katsina.

It will be recalled that gunmen had invaded the Kankiya school premises last week Friday and abducted over 300 students, after a gun duel with the police.

The abduction took place some hours after President Muhammadu Buhari had arrived at Daura, Katsina for a week-long private visit.

Leader of terror group, Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau, later released two video footages claiming responsibility for the abduction.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here